Friday, December 27, 2013

Guerlain Meteorites Perles in #3 Medium (Reformulated Version, New Packaging) | Guerlain Meteorites Blossom Spring 2014 Collection

Guerlain 'Meteorites' Pearls ($60; shop.nordstrom.com) gets a re-formulation and a new packaging as part of Guerlain's new Meteorites Blossom Spring 2014 Collection. They have been re-formulated to a softer finish that also includes the brand's exclusive "stardust technology" that helps diffuse light and impart a soft, healthy glow. 


Guerlain Météorites Perles Powder For The Face in Medium 03 Guerlain Spring 2014

Guerlain Météorites Perles Powder For The Face in Medium 03 Guerlain Spring 2014

Guerlain Météorites Perles Powder For The Face in Medium 03


These newer Meteorites come in three shades - I see three shades are available online now at Nordstrom and Sephora, but when I made a phone order, the SA told me there were four shades. I picked up Medium #3 which is similar to #2 Teint Beige of the older formulation. The packaging is gorgeous and these meteorites balls come housed inside an aluminium jar with a sponge included. I wouldn't recommend the sponge for anything except to stop the balls from falling/breaking inside the packaging, especially while traveling. In spite of the sponge, a few of the balls on the bottom of the container came broken. Never mind though, since its still very much usable for the most part and I can see myself using it for a really long time. 


Guerlain Météorites Perles Powder For The Face in Medium 03 Review, Photos & Swatches

On to the product itself, Medium #3 is a mix of beige, yellow, pink and purple with a slight iridescent sheen. Since its a finishing powder and not a setting powder, there's hardly any coverage. I do see very finely scattered shimmer which is only visible really up-close, but the finish is luminous with a soft focus glow. I use a Hakuhodo K002 Powder brush to pick up product and just lightly dust it all over my face and absolutely love how well the brush works with the texture of this product. I don't have the older version to compare, but the newer version is definitely easy to work with with no unnecessary shine or glitter (absolutely no disco ball effect here), but be sure to go light handed, especially if you fall into the medium/dark skin category, since it can look a tad ashy. The finish is quite matte initially, but as the day goes by, it turns into more of a satin finish. Unlike the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders, this one does have a soft radiance and adds a little something to my face, brightening it in a very subtle way. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the slightly strong signature Guerlain scent - I don't mind a light fragrance, but this one does take quite a while to dissipate. With its slightly high price tag, I won't say the Meteorites Perles are a must have for anyone, but they're a nice little product to have that photographs really well and adds a luxurious finishing touch to your makeup look!


Guerlain Météorites Perles Powder For The Face in Medium 03 Review, Photos & Swatches

 Guerlain Météorites Perles Powder For The Face in Medium 03
 Guerlain Météorites Perles Powder For The Face in Medium 03 Reformulated

 Guerlain Météorites Perles Powder For The Face in Medium 03 Ingredients

 Guerlain Météorites Perles Powder For The Face in Medium 03 Swatch

Wearing the Guerlain 'Meteorites' Perles in #3 Medium over Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation #55, Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector under the eyes and Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Medium under eye area and spots. 




Have you tried the Guerlain 'Meteorites' Pearls Finishing Powder?

4 comments:

  1. I have the old version in teint beige, in my matte days, it's really good to add some glow. But in my oily days, it made it worse :(

    It's so good to have a new version which seems better than the old one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if its better than the old one... never tried the old one, so can't really compare. But I do find this keeps my face sort of matte, more like a satin finish. I think you'll like it!

      Delete